Author Topic: LiZ AND PHILIP NEWS  (Read 27921 times)

Kit

• Beautiful Chatter
  • Fabulousness: 191
  • Oi Vey!
Re: LiZ AND PHILIP NEWS
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2013, 06:38:23 PM »
Queen Elizabeth II Meets King Of Tonga

Queen Elizabeth II meets the King Tupou VI of Tonga and Queen Nanasipau'u at Buckingham Palace on October 10, 2013 in London, England. Tonga's King and Queen are currently visiting the city in preparation for Tupou VI's coronation next year, according to a statement from the Prime Minister's Office.

Fragrance78

• Stunning Chatter
  • Fabulousness: 1686
« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2013, 03:34:09 PM »
18 Oct 2013

QE2 and Prince Philip met Malala in Buckingham Palace.

Malala presented QE2 with her book and expressed hope to work with QE2 on ensuring kids go to school/get education. Prince Philip joked "one thing about children in school here, they go to school because their parents don't want them in the house"  :happysmile:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2465900/Malala-Yousafzai-meets-Queen-Buckingham-Palace.html

The Gloucesters and Bea were there too.

« Last Edit: October 18, 2013, 04:04:35 PM by Fragrance78 »
This is how I roll.

Tigerben

• Stunning Chatter
  • Fabulousness: 709
« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2013, 06:46:30 PM »
Be god , Philip is looking younger ! He is looking real well the last few weeks....... Long may it last  :winesmiley:

BessieWallis Warfield

• Fabulous Chatter
  • Fabulousness: 540
« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2013, 08:03:38 PM »
What an honor it must be to meet Malala - something for Liz and Phil to remember for years to come. 

Leesa

« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2013, 11:59:24 PM »
I think I'm going to need  :realscared: for what I want to post, but here goes (thinking "only fools rush in where angels dare not tread").  - I don't quite understand what the fuss is about Malala, and I was amazed that she had been nominated for Nobel Peace Prize.  The award went elsewhere, as we know, and I think it was the right thing to do.

Malala, as far as I can see, is a lovely young person. She has now written a book, and I also have written a lot in my time on earth, at the age of 16 as well. I wish her well in life, like I do most people in this world (do have reservations about terrorists of all sorts).

Malala's story is tragic, and she was very lucky to receive the treatment she did, and to recover as well as she did.

But as it stands, I can't see what Malala has "achieved" and why she should even have been considered for the Nobel prize. The only thing remarkable about her is that she got shot in the head and recovered. The same happened to Gabrielle Giffords, a US senate member, in 2011, but nobody nominated her for the Peace Prize. Unlike Malala, she had already achieved (whatever that means, really) a fair bit in her life.

No matter how I turn it, I can't see what should be so very extraordinary about Malala, except, as I said, she got shot in the head.   Education for girls and women is  undoubtedly a grave issue. Yes, we can all talk about it till the cows come home, but what Malala is doing is very similar to what Maz or MM are doing, which is the alleged  "increase in awareness amongst people".

Perhaps in 20 - 30 years Malala will have achieved something which would qualify for a nomination for the Peace Prize. So far she hasn't.  And perhaps in 20-30 years time her family won't be hanging around her like flies around a paddock of cows.  Her father in particular seems to parade her around like a family trophy.

A great scientist definitely worth a Nobel of some sort would be Helen Caldicott, in my book.

On that note; better be off. - I'm going to need two ; one for me and the other or Marsha...  :realscared: :realscared:

Leesa

« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2013, 12:00:15 AM »
But, Liz looks great and it's good to see Philip in action, too!

Kit

• Beautiful Chatter
  • Oi Vey!
« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2013, 02:09:44 AM »
why deny a nobel prize to someone young who is on a mission to carry a message when they can be armed with the worlds top recognized award to give them a platform as opposed to some old fuddy duddy who is coming to the end of their activism?
« Last Edit: October 19, 2013, 02:21:02 AM by Kit »

Fragrance78

• Stunning Chatter
« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2013, 05:45:39 AM »
I'm with Leesa on this one. There are countless others who's doing what Malala is doing without getting world recognition. It just so happened she was shot by the Taliban who's now public enemy #1.

But yes, the amount of publicity she generated is worth recognising. But Nobel Prize.....perhaps not yet. 
This is how I roll.

Fragrance78

• Stunning Chatter
« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2013, 07:29:43 AM »
Malala meeting QE2 overshadowed the actual event - 'Youth, Education and the Commonwealth Reception'

Here's The Queen meeting pupils from St Winefride's School in East London during the reception.

This is how I roll.

Kit

• Beautiful Chatter
  • Oi Vey!
« Reply #24 on: October 19, 2013, 10:57:18 AM »
bea was there  :wondering: i sense trouble here

Leesa

« Reply #25 on: October 19, 2013, 11:20:40 PM »
Just wondering why Bea should be trouble? She often goes to places of all sorts, and as such I see no reason for her not to be there, any more than I can see reason for her actually to be there, come to think of it.

Tigerben

• Stunning Chatter
« Reply #26 on: October 19, 2013, 11:46:25 PM »
Bea was with nanny and grandad agin today at the races, has Bea tactically being giving a nod to taking up public appearances and work on the royal work load.

Leesa

« Reply #27 on: October 19, 2013, 11:50:34 PM »
Bea was with nanny and grandad agin today at the races, has Bea tactically being giving a nod to taking up public appearances and work on the royal work load.

Could well be, or that Bea (or her mom and dad) I trying to get them on the royal payroll, which, as I understand, currently does not include the girls.

Tigerben

• Stunning Chatter
« Reply #28 on: October 20, 2013, 10:50:52 AM »
What's the betting we'll hear that the Queen has taken Bea under her wing and "showing" Bea the ropes of being a working royal. Of course were lead to believe for the Wales boys and Delikate it's all natural to them.

Kit

• Beautiful Chatter
  • Oi Vey!
« Reply #29 on: October 20, 2013, 11:17:54 AM »
Bea isn't trouble but her semi official status is, the british public don't seem to want it but it look as if Bea is being gently introduced as a working member of the family