Author Topic: Trooping The Colour 2017  (Read 1089 times)

abs

• Stunning Chatter
  • Fabulousness: 970
Re: Trooping The Colour 2017
« Reply #30 on: June 18, 2017, 10:35:04 PM »
well  we know what would trend #prayfortheroyals

Abs , just read about a tsunami in Greenland, four dead others injured. Unreal . Have you any update on it . I know your in Iceland but you might know more .

Yes, awful. Four are confirmed missing - but nine people all in all are unaccounted for. Denmark has sent extra ,manpower in a Hercules airplane.
Iceland has offered assistance, since it is close by. Donīt know yet if the Greenlanders need it or if they have sufficient help from Denmark.
People in the affected area are told to stay away from the coast and seek higher ground. Hope they can find shelter!! Must be cold!
The hugeness of the country makes rescue operations and general help delayed, but I believe helicopters arrived as fast as they could - some hours probably.
Poor them. Quite a shocker and totally unexpected.

Add to edit, some houses were taken by the ocean, not sure how many.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2017, 10:40:28 PM by abs »

Tigerben

• Stunning Chatter
  • Fabulousness: 709
« Reply #31 on: June 18, 2017, 10:55:18 PM »
I was totally shocked ,hope that the help gets there fast . A event that was totally unexpected , let's hope that the body count doesn't rise  , so Awful. Mother Nature is still queen of the universe.

abs

• Stunning Chatter
  • Fabulousness: 970
« Reply #32 on: June 18, 2017, 10:58:59 PM »
I was totally shocked ,hope that the help gets there fast . A event that was totally unexpected , let's hope that the body count doesn't rise  , so Awful. Mother Nature is still queen of the universe.

So true.

Cloaked

• Fabulous Chatter
  • Fabulousness: 303
« Reply #33 on: June 19, 2017, 06:55:49 AM »
True.
Fire, wind and water have uncontrollable power.

Thanks for the photos on the balcony.  Sweet to see so many children.